My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, please visit
http://www.sillymaidon.com
and update your bookmarks.

27 Jun 2009

India -1, West Indies - 0

Did India win because they had 339 runs on the board or did they almost lose because they thought they had 339 runs on board?

I feel sorry for WI, they got 2 bad decisions that just might have cost them the game. Chasing 25 runs from 18 balls seems a whole lot easier if you have 4 wickets in hand as opposed to 2. More so if there is a certain Mr Bravo at the other end.

Anyway, I noticed Dhoni's emotionless face as the last WI wicket fell. What could that possibly mean?

Was he really pissed at his team?
Was he just plain relieved that India won?
Was he just too tired to care about cricket anymore?
Was he trying to show the media that he is still Captain Cool?
Was he...

Wait a sec...Am I turning into an Indian media journalist?
Yeah...I think I need to stop now...

5 comments:

Krish said...

If it weren't for Yuvraj's innings, India would have lost it by a mile. I thought the West Indies were in a good place to win in the last 10 overs, but the wickets did them in.

Anonymous said...

lets give our boys some credit. they batted well except Mr Useless. 340 is too big a score to chase consistently. Bowling was haywire agreed. but in the end a win is a win and as sweet as a ice cream candy :)

straight point said...

hahaha...i could very well imagine the first 15 min of dressing room after the win... :)

Megha said...

@Krish

Yes, if someone in WI had got runs like Yuvi, WI could have won the match...

@Buzz
sure, all credit to the batting...but the bowling attack seems to lack sting and that has been the case for a while now...wonder what Venky is doing about it as the bowling coach?

@SP
In my imagination I saw some guys getting the good old "kambal kutai" :D

Poshin_david said...

I'm reading this really really late but still makes sense and maybe more after the 2nd match......

And don't worry there's nothing wrong with being a journalist....I dream of being one......